What makes Embaixada Shopping a unique shopping gallery in Lisbon? What is a shopping gallery?
Embaixada is a mansion built in the 1800s. It was recently converted into a “Shopping Gallery.” In each room of the mansion, an independent local or nationally known craftsman sells upscale home decor, fashion, or jewelry. Much of what you will find is handmade and organic.
Embaixada also exhibits a large number of local artists’ work. And the building itself is a luxurious work of art. Who doesn’t want to shop for quality products in a beautiful environment?
Brazilian businessman José Ribeiro da Cunha built a mansion in the Príncipe Real neighborhood in Lisbon in 1877. In fact, the mini-palace is located on the north side of Jardim do Príncipe Real garden in a beautiful part of the city known for great restaurants, entertainment, and independent shopping.
The Palacete Ribeiro da Cunha was later owned by two different doctors, and then the Universidade Nova de Lisboa.
In 2013, the building was renovated and converted into independent shops, each selling exclusive, locally-made products.
If the products are organic and high quality, then so is this building, which is one of Lisbon’s most Instagramable spots.
The interior of the building is characterized by a grand marble staircase and an interior patio that resembles an Arabic-style courtyard with its horseshoe arches.
Rugs, color, and furniture choices enhance the building’s opulent beauty.
The exterior of the mansion features four domes and multiple spires. It is directly across the street from one of Lisbon’s most beautiful parks.
Restaurants and drinks at Embaixada
Gin Lovers Bar and Restaurant – More than 60 brands of Gin on offer.
Casa Cabana – Restaurant – The cabana and terrace serve natural wines and beers, healthy fusion food, and vegan fare in an Azorean garden setting.
Atalho Real – A steakhouse specializing in unique cuts of meat from all over the world.
Art exhibitions at Embaixada Shopping Mall
Shops at Embaixada Shopping Center
- A Industria – Handcrafted men’s fashion and accessories
- Benedita Formosinho Creates women’s fashion with noble and natural local materials but also offers pieces created out of recycled plastic as well
- Boa Safra – Eco-friendly furniture
- Castelbel Porto na Embaixada – Luxury soaps and home fragrances
- Catarina Sampaio Soares – Bouquets, flower arrangements, and wedding accessories
- Chu – Chumeco handmade footwear starting at 185€
- D.O.T. – Delicate clothing for babies and small childrem
- Ecolã -100% wool and organic clothing
- Etikway – Fashion, footwear, and cosmetics produced with organic and recycled materials
- Fairly Normal – Mens’ clothing brand for those looking for a sophisticated wardrobe that has been fairly and sustainably produced
- FV Concept Store – A multi-brand jewelry and clothing store curated by Fernanda Velez
- HLC Lisbon – A jewelry designer inspired by nature, architecture, music, photography, and travel.
- Isto. – A Portuguese men’s fashion brand inspired by the slow fashion movement, presenting 100% organic creations.
- Hirundo – Hand-made, 100% organic tennis shoes
- Latitid – designer swimwear
- Welcometoart Store – Exhibiting a wide range of painters and sculptors on a rotating basis
Embaixada Shopping Gallery Hours
Monday – Saturday 12-8 pm
Sunday – 11 am – 7 pm
The bar is open until 2 am
Where is Embaixada Shopping Gallery?
Address: Praça do Príncipe Real, 26
GPS Coordinates: 38.71704458764211, -9.14852194639262
Tram 24E can be boarded at Praça Luís de Camões in the Chiado neighborhood. It stops right in front of Jardim do Príncipe Real Garden.
From the Baixa neighborhood, at Praça dos Restauradores find the Ascensor da Glória funicular How to get to Bairro Alto? (Hint: Take the Glória Funicular), turn right, enjoy the São Pedro de Alcântara Viewpoint – How to visit and what to see, then go left (west) onto Rua Dom Pedro IV.
Within four minutes you will arrive at Jardim do Príncipe Real – one of Lisbon’s most beautiful parks, and across from that, Embaixada Shopping Mall.
Free parking is available in the garden on the north side of the building at Ccalçada da Patriarcal, 40
Official website: https://embaixadalx.pt/en/
Thank you for reading about Embaixada Concept Shops. For more information on shopping in Lisbon, see my articles, Where to shop in Lisbon? Lisbon’s best malls and shopping.
You might also try Lisbon’s historical family-owned stores and craftsmen sell the best souvenirs, or visit Feira da Ladra – Lisbon’s 750-year-old flea market